Total Produce Policy
Local at heart, global by nature, Total Produce operations are embedded in communities right across the globe. With international reach comes immense responsibility, circumstance within communities can differ, so too can our role; employer, neighbour, supplier, promoter. Irrespective of the function we play locally, our commitment remains consistent; to act with integrity, to be transparent in and to be a positive force in people’s everyday lives.
In addition to complying at all times with relevant national and international legislation and industry codes of conduct, this strategy commits us to;
- Conducting our business in the right way; prioritising food safety at all times, collaborating with partners across the supply chain, advocating for best ethical practices across production, adhering to responsible trading practices in the marketplace and delivering equitable returns to all of our stakeholders.
- Being a responsible employer at production and in the marketplace; championing Human Rights and Worker Welfare right across the fresh produce supply chain and implementing human rights practices, policies and protocols in adherence to best international principles and standards.
- Providing a safe workplace and a constructive professional environment; engaging colleagues, nurturing talent, rewarding commitment, promoting equality and diversity and empowering our colleagues across the world to be all that they can be.
- Contributing to the regions in which we operate; being a good neighbour, respecting local cultures, customs, traditions and laws and actively participating in the social fabric of local communities.
- Engagement with external agencies where appropriate.
- Promoting general health & well-being; informing, inspiring and empowering consumers to make healthier dietary and lifestyle choices.